New ROM dump is the Same Game as SameGame, but not quite the same. You game?

Happy birthday to me~! What ROM was I holding on to for months for this day this time?

Oh, here it is~!

UNDAKE30 SameGame Daisakusen, Mario Version! Thanks to the same 8M-Pack-Obtaining group as mentioned in the post linked. Now we have the Satellaview version of SameGame Mario!

“Oh, c’mon, Kiddo, isn’t this the same as the cartridge version?”

… Ahh, but that’s the thing! I wouldn’t have saved this up if it was a boring dump, now, would I? Let me get out a quote from nensondubois!

“bsx version is 1.12a an sfc version is 1.17b
with different copyright years”

Now, now, hold off the “OMG TEH BAETA” jokes for five minutes, folks. That’s right, it’s an earlier “revison” of UNDAKE30 SameGame Daisakusen!
So, what exactly is different between this and the cart?
To begin with, as you can see in my video recording, this version has actual BS-X integration, with an option to return to BS-X when you are finished the game, as well as, according to ChronoMoogle, an “Event Game” style password generator which tells you to submit your password to St.GIGA for prizes. These are options that obviously had to be removed when the game was made into the promotional cartridge, and as such the latter revision that the previous ROM dump is based off of.

I’m not sure if I explained this previously, but it’s quite obvious now that UNDAKE30 SameGame was designed originally as a Satellaview original. “UNDAKE30” is also in some schedule listings as a Super Famicom Hour radio program, although unfortunately I have no archives of it.

I don’t know what other differences there may be underneath the obvious, but comparing this and the cartridge version should bring some interesting insight into how Satellaview software development is different from Super Famicom cartridge software development.

UNDAKE30 SameGame Daisakusen – Mario Version (1.12a) (BS) | UNDAKE30鮫亀大作戦マリオバージョン (1.12a) (BS)
ROM Download

1. kp64 said,

November 5, 2013 at 4:40 am

Happy birthday

2. Izlude said,

November 5, 2013 at 1:42 pm

awesome! happy birthday! I love this blog and the work you do! thanks for keeping the legacy alive!

3. redeemer665 said,

November 10, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Wohoo, nice one! On top of that, we’ve got a new WaiWai Check puzzle hiding there as well! ワイワイ11/22 再放送 (a re-broadcast) can be found starting from 0x40000 thru 0xBFFFF. That leaves us with two data banks at 0xC0000 I couldn’t identify when comparing to everything we’ve got so far. Some of the patterns look a bit the same as the padding data used in many Digital Magazines and a few other games but you really can’t do anything with that little information…

November 10, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Woah, there’s a WaiWai Check buried in there? I should try to get that restored ASAP!

November 12, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Ah, got it! While we wait for a pending article, those of you who actually check the comments can get a peek!

November 14, 2013 at 7:35 am

All your youtube videos on the blog are blocked now. Maybe you should change them to “not listed” instead of private.

November 14, 2013 at 8:40 am

I apologize, the whole situation with YouTube just got weird.

I can’t set them to “Unlisted” for at least a while, but when that’s enabled again, I’ll do that. In the meantime, I can link from my alt channel.

November 19, 2013 at 3:35 pm

huh… back to what I said earlier, I think I might have misjudged whether I restored the game properly or not, if this vid is accurately depicting it.

I’m very confused as to what I’m doing wrong, so any help here would be appreciated.

9. Bingo Blitz Hack said,

June 15, 2014 at 12:36 am

Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.

When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but
    when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that,
    excellent blog!

10. Elizbeth said,

July 21, 2014 at 5:00 pm

will often have to pay a slightly higher interest rate.
    I know most everyone reading this feel it is common sense stuff,
    but you would be amazed at the perception of
    this mystical “gray area” out there when it comes to applying for a mortgage.
       Many times it is also helpful to divide a borrower’s annual income by 2080 in order to
    figure their hourly rate.

11. how much home can I afford said,

July 25, 2014 at 12:56 pm

which happens to hold a legally binding instrument of release.
    Once you’ve settled on securing the loan and you feel confident that you’ll be able to pay it back,
    the following are potential options open to you:. I need a college loan to help get through school, but I have very
    bad credit.

12. pearl earrings said,

August 8, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Styles that stand out most to me are the necklaces with glass beads with different colors mixed with freshwater pearls.
    If you have a senior position at your place of work, make
    sure that your pearl jewelry is proper for the position. Pearls can also be colored or irradiated
    to achieve a uniform color, hence the buyer should be aware when looking for a good pearl.

13. Benjamin said,

August 8, 2014 at 7:00 pm

So there is no need to worry that it may need to give your house to pay a religious order, which happens to hold a legally binding instrument of release.
    There a lot of different reasons for a person to
    want to refinance their home loan. The worse the economy becomes
    the more chances that lenders are willing
    to work with you regardless of your credit.

14. Maik said,

August 20, 2014 at 11:18 am

These people essentially educate you on everything that you must know with no gems are generally not transformed with regards to all of them instructing you on in order to
    earning money from home on the internet. Assets can be any item of value such as a home, vehicle or monetary
    saving such as a pension etc. Examine your checkbook register and petty cash receipts for any business related expenditures.

15. Marcos said,

August 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

With this type of loan, the existing loan of
    the customer transfers to the new house that includes the
    extra amount that the customer requires. The negative
    sentiment prevailing among home buyers across the country seems to finally affect this
    realty market too. You have heard it said before ‘we never plan to fail’.

16. mortgages for self employed contractors said,

August 24, 2014 at 6:56 am

Receive e-mail alerts when new articles from Cezar Mansour the “LA Mortgage Examiner” are available.
    For those who get paid once a month, the ten dollar pay day loan is a great option when you need fast cash for
    emergencies or to get caught up on bill or rent. Employment background verification in Australia
    has become common in companies these days.

17. VA Renovation Loans said,

November 17, 2014 at 7:57 am

All of these perks make the veteran loan a very attractive
    home-purchasing tool. To see a complete list of eligibility requirements please check the VA web site.
    The VA requires proof of veteran status to qualify for the loan in the form of the VA Certificate of Eligibility.

The VA Loan is the only home mortgage program left that allows 100% financing.
    So the next time you pull out that credit card think about
    your real goal — a new sweater or a new fireplace, a fancy dinner or a better kitchen, higher
    monthly payments or less.