BS-X Project Presents snes9x-sx2

LuigiBlood has released a build of snes9x-sx2 today!

snes9x-sx2 aims to have the same features of bsnes-sx2 in terms of improved Satellaview compatibility and other neat stuff.

Here’s a video of it in action, doing something few other emulators can do – Satellaview emulation, with PAR codes, while recording!

Here’s your “Did You Know?” for the day, huh?

BTW, a few notes since sx2 doesn’t really have much in it’s readme:

1) You may need d3dx9_42.dll to load it up. I got an error saying it was required, so I put it in the same directory as 9x-sx2 to get through it.

2) The BS-X ROM goes in the “BIOS” directory and is named “bs-x.bin”.

3) Tinkering with the simulated Satellaview server should work similarly to how it did in bsnes-sx2 if you’ve managed to do it before.

4) A future update will include RPG Tsukuru 2 Data Pack support.

1. BS-X Project Presents snes9x-sx2 | control U Dot Me Gaming said,

October 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm

[…] […]

2. SmashManiac said,

October 28, 2012 at 7:52 pm

NEVER download random DLLs from DLL sites to fix software. N-E-V-E-R.

You should have (re)installed DirectX instead. That is the real cause of your problem.

October 28, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I understand your concern, but, well, I have one computer that sucks and another that uses Ubuntu anyway. 😛

I re-installed DirectX to high hell anyway for a previous download and it didn’t do a thing for this anyway.

October 28, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I removed the link anyhow, if you’re that concerned.

5. SmashManiac said,

November 4, 2012 at 12:07 pm

I’m suspecting a couple of scenarios then:

1. You reinstalled DirectX from a game. This is actually incorrect – games contain custom DirectX packages. What you must reinstall is the DirectX End-User Runtime package.
    2. You don’t have the minimum system requirements. The DirectX End-User Runtime package requires Windows XP SP2 or later, which contains core DirectX files.
    3. You did the above correctly. Your PATH environment variable might be too long or corrupted, which may explain your current situation. Clean it and try again.

6. Zeether said,

November 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I can’t seem to get any games to work on this. BIOS loads fine, but when I try to load a game it doesn’t even boot into the BIOS at all, just a black screen of nothing :(

7. Call of Duty Ghosts Directx error fix said,

February 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your
    web site, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal.

I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast
    offered bright clear concept