Your irregular “donations wanted” reminder + I’m goofing around on Twitch.

Hey folks, just another one of these. This time I at least have a good setup for it from the Twitch channel I’ve recently set up and am experimenting with.

Getting new material for Satellablog – and thus here – can really add up, especially since I tend to import from Japan often! I’ve managed to get as far as I have with only a handful of donations, but more would certainly be appreciated! Any amount is fine!

Incentives to donate, as I assume is similar with other people who take donations, may include:

Playing a game on request.
Playing a particular musical piece or playlist with Satellaview Soundlink games.
Trying to play a game in a certain manner.

Currently my Twitch has a run I tried of BS Super Mario Collection Dai-3-shuu, which I also upped to YouTube (but don’t feel like embedding here because it’s going on 3 in the morning.)

I probably won’t expect many donations… as usual…. but at the very least, Twitch visitors would be appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

6 Comments »

1. i512 said,

December 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Kiddo, I don’t understand this Twitch video..
    I see you load the rom from SD2SNES, then the soundlink music comes up, what the heck, where from !? o.O
    Could you specify your full setup and how you’re getting soundlink music?
    I have an SD2SNES and would absolutely love to be able to do this! ;D
    (I use a translated BS BIOS too, but never see “no signal” after the welcome message, that’s strange to as well!)
    Please teach us how you achieve this! ^.^;

December 8, 2013 at 12:39 pm

It’s not actual Soundlink, I apologize.

The setup is simply that I have a good enough stereo mix on my comp that I can play game sounds off my Super Nintendo (Not running it off my SFC at the moment because moving that upstairs would be a pain), my microphone, and computer sounds all at the same time. I use this to my advantage by playing a Winamp playlist over the game, giving a mix of something closer to the Soundlink broadcast and my own unique “flavor”. The music in and of itself is sourced from various 80′s/90′s Mario arrange albums I found in FLAC form over my years of searching for Satellaview music. Very likely that the actual broadcast would’ve had more licensed songs, actually, based on how the video of Super Mario Collection dai-1-shuu is.

Seru-kun is still working on figuring out how sound would transfer over on the Satellaview hardware itself.

3. i512 said,

December 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Ohh I understand, no need to apologize ^^
    It was done in a way that had me really wondering what was going on though, really bluffing!
    It’s kinda sad it wasn’t actually the “real” thing hehe..
    I wonder if MSU-1 could be used to add Soundlink to those BS gems (or used to add the PS1 FMVs to the FF 4/5/6 games!)

December 8, 2013 at 1:26 pm

That sounds like a theoretically interesting idea. I recall SmashManiac was working on setting up the Soundtrack from Zelda Sound & Drama to be a proper “Music/SFX” track for BS Zelda: AST for if we were to do a MSU1 project for it. I hope something neat comes out of it. Games which already have most of their soundtrack accounted for in a high-quality audio format, like BS Dragon Quest and BS Fuurai no Shiren (Pending good ROM dumps for all of these, mind) would probably benefit the most from them.

5. black ops 2 prestige Hack said,

January 21, 2014 at 5:03 am

Ahaa, its good discussion on the topic of this article here at this weblog, I have
    read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.

6. homepage said,

June 16, 2014 at 12:10 am

Good way of telling, and nice piece of writing to take
    facts about my presentation focus, which i am going to convey in college.