Factory-Refurbished ROM release is almost like new!

I need to give major props to redeemer665 again.
As usual, he’s been posting comments in relation to discovering new content in, or fixing up, previous ROM dumps. This particular fix-up is a major one.

It’s been a long while since I posted about the ROM release of Same Game Koma Editor 4. At the time, no one could get it working. I attempted to fix it myself every now and then, but I got myself stuck on the assumption that it was data pack data meant for Same Game.

Turns out it’s a bit more complicated than that.

It’s more like… a data pack… maker… application… thingy!
… I apologize for my lack of coherency.

You can see how it works in the video – the sprite editing application saves into the program itself (So I guess we’ll never be able to tell what the original checksum of this was, huh?) and the data can then load up in Same Game the same way as the other “Koma/Chara data” sets.

A download for the “fixed” ROM is available below, although as usual, note that this is a modification of the previous 8M Pack dump.

Same Game Koma Editor 4 (fixed) | 鮫亀駒エディタ4
ROM Download

Since Koma Editor 4 uses a combination of read and write features as well as Data Pack features, the sx2 line from LuigiBlood is the recommended emulator choice for this.

Oh, also, redeemer has me standing corrected on another issue regarding the earlier Bakushow Mondai postings. Apparently the booting of two identical-looking datas isn’t how the ROM actually is, but an issue with snes9x-sx2. Yeah, I don’t get it either.

He’s sent me a further-split ROM and now I can see this…

He’s also romanized it a bit better than I have. So, once again…

Bakushow Mondai no Silicon Chounaikai 02/08/1997 | 爆笑問題のシリコン町内会 02/08/1997
ROM Download

June 2, 2013 at 9:21 am

I simply love the Coma Editor 4!
    I wonder if all Coma Editors are basically the same, only with a different template animation…

2. redeemer665 said,

June 2, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Man, you’re almost flattering me :) Thanks for pointing out that snes9x-sx2 works much better with the Koma Editor 4! (and I’m pretty eager to know how the other Koma Editors differ from this one)

As for Bakushou mondai.. We don’t have any official romanization for that one so I’m not sure which form should we use. “Bakushow” might be trying to catch the pun, “bakushō” in the other hand is the technically correct form. I’m not even sure where I learned to use “bakushow”, but the thing I know is that I definitely didn’t come up with it myself :)

June 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm

“Bakushow” was romanized that way in… whatever magazine this ROM is.

It’s techically something I caught. I was refering to “Silicon” which I probably didn’t notice simply because I’m dense.

4. redeemer665 said,

June 4, 2013 at 7:55 am

So that’s where it came from. I had totally forgot about this recording. And don’t worry, it’s easy to overlook small details especially when researching things like these.

5. Super Nic333 said,

June 6, 2013 at 11:35 am

Cool, but i don’t know what is the objective of this

June 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I thought my video explained it decently enough.

It’s an application that lets you edit graphics and then load them into Same Game for Super Famicom. Technical details aside, the purpose shouldn’t be difficult to figure out.

7. sears coupons said,

July 15, 2013 at 11:40 am

It’s in reality a nice and useful piece of info. I am happy that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

8. micheal kohls said,

October 18, 2013 at 2:31 pm

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.

I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

9. Yo, hacker, I heard you like ROMs, so I put a ROM in your ROM so you can hack a ROM while you hack a ROM. | Satellablog said,

November 24, 2013 at 9:30 am

[…] I explored the content myself and noted that it was two copies of the 2/1/1997 edition of “Bakushow Mondai no Shirikon Chounaikai”. Why downloaded twice? Heck if I know. (UPDATE: Turns out that’s not how it actually was, but an emulator issue. A later post has details.) […]

10. YouTube said,

December 17, 2013 at 9:59 am

For most recent information you have to pay a quick visit the web and on internet I
    found this site as a finest web site for most recent updates.

11. dragon city Hack no Survey said,

August 22, 2014 at 8:34 am

dragon city Hack no Survey

Factory-Refurbished ROM release is almost like new! | Satellablog

12. Free IMVU Credits Hack said,

August 23, 2014 at 11:37 am

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is awesome,
    great written and come with almost all significant infos.
    I would like to look more posts like this .

13. professional turkish translation agency said,

October 9, 2014 at 5:21 am

I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more
    or understanding more. Thanks for great info I was looking
    for this information for my mission.