Merry Christmas! Your present is… different this time.

Ahh, the Christmas ROM Release. Well, it’s Christmas Eve now, but I don’t know if I’ll be around to update on Christmas, so this is going up now.

This is the last of the games I’ve been holding on to since May. And this one’s a bit different from the others.

It’s RPG Tsukuru 2 data pack data, but unlike what I presume previous data pack releases were, this is a St.GIGA-distribtuted Satellaview original rather than a homemade product. It is from a series of releases named 龍馬でゆく which I am currently romanizing as “Ryouma de Yuku” until someone with better Japanese can dig up stuff on this. According to various Japanese sources this was made by the Bakusho Mondai comedy troupe.

This 8M Pack ROM dump contains the first of what appears to be three “episodes” of the narrative (Yep, more episodically-released content), as well as a set of “Graphic” and “Sound” data, which I’m not entirely sure how to use, but I assume it’s possible you can use these in other RPG Tsukuru 2 projects.

Although I’m not entirely sure on this, I believe based on my searching that “Ryouma de Yuku” is a parody of “Ryōma ga Yuku” (竜馬がゆく), a highly renowned piece of Japanese historical literature.
(Excuse any highly likely Japanese errors or inconsistencies that may have come from me digging this up.)

As of current, this ROM only works on LuigiBlood’s bsnes-sx2 and snes9x-sx2
Be sure to read each one’s instructions on how to load the game, as it’s different from loading a 8M in BS-X itself (If you try that, you’ll get a message telling you the game wasn’t designed to run on BS-X when you boot it up).

Ryouma De Yuku batch set (Zenpen + Graphic 1 + Sound 1) (RPG Tsukuru 2 Data Pack) | 龍馬でゆく (前編 + グラフィック + サウンド) (RPGツクール2 データ)
ROM Download

December 28, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Sweet release, I hope you had a nice christmas!
    Anyway, found the title Crystal Garden (クリスタルガーデン) on Mandarakes Homepage listed as a Satellaview game, so probably somebody tried to sell or sold it to the shop.
    Why? Ok, the owner of Solaris Japan also tried to sell his copy of BS-X Shooting to Mandarake but wasn’t satisfied with the price (so its still listed for sale in his shop). Anyway, soon afterwards the BS-X Shooting popped up on mandarakes searchlist for 10.000 円. So its quite likely that Crystal Garden actually exists.
    I wonder what it is, but according to the price it has to be something unique and cool.

December 28, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Are you sure you’re reading it correctly? It might be “Crystal Guardian”, AKA Sugoi-STG2, the third Dezaemon BS-X game.

December 28, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I am reading it correctly, yes. 😉 Maybe its a typo.

December 28, 2012 at 4:31 pm

It would be good if we could obtain that, and get one step closer to completing that set. I wonder what it’s value is supposedly…?

December 29, 2012 at 5:08 pm

At least we now know that its somewhere in the wild…

December 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Speaking of the wild, YJA’s got few auctions with 8M Packs and I haven’t seen Callis in weeks…

I already bought a BS-X/8M off eBay for $70, too…

December 30, 2012 at 2:00 pm

You were like a few hours too fast, I made a price suggestion on that one before I went to bed and the next morning somebody else (you^^) bought it :(
    But good to hear its in save hands. I would have really wanted that bs-x cartridge though. Fuck.

December 30, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Oh dear, my apologies. If I had known that was you I wouldn’t have had the “OMG Panic Mode” reaction there. ^^;;;

9. redeemer665 said,

January 1, 2013 at 4:13 pm

After you have loaded the RPG data in Memory pack menu, you should go to the Data section in the Edit menu and load sound and graphics data there separately. The two bottommost options saying メモリーパックのサヅンドデータ選択 and メモリーパックのグラフィックスデータ選択.
    By the way, for some reason the ROM actually has two sets of graphics data: the other one being marked as erased is located at 0xA0000 and is identical with the first set :)

10. redeemer665 said,

January 2, 2013 at 3:02 pm

And I really should try doing it myself before talking in the first place… Additional data sets are loaded automatically.

January 2, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for the help on that, anyhow. This is a learning experience for me, also.

Kinda unfortunate the deleted data is duplicate, although better than that enigmatic pieces of a Soundlink game, I guess…