This is the thing that’s had me the most occupied. One day I was just idly IRCing, when suddenly, I got a query from someone I never met before.
To my surprise, he wanted help configuring SNES9Xpp XE to work with Satellaview ROMs.
I wrote a bit on this before, and he saw the article and apparently set out to set it up for a project he was contributing to. He had issues with headered/headerless ROMs, though – sometimes I forget that sometimes I talk to people who -aren’t- as intuitively understanding of ROMs as I am. I tend to be used to talking to ASM hackers lately, after all. D:
But, yeah, I helped him out, and then he showed me this page;
He stated that the goal of this project was to compile a lot of emulators and ROMs and set up each ROM to run on an optimum emulator and setting. He cited the Satellaview’s emulation difficulties as one of the reasons he wanted that portion done in particular – sounds pretty nice.
He also showed me this;
Apparently what the project’s gonna look like in the end.
It reminds me a lot of the layout of Ultracade arcade cabinets from around a decade ago. I do wonder how the Satellaview games are gonna play on this, so I may check it out. If it’s as easy to use as the stated goal is, I may recommend it – although, perhaps I might request a “Minimalist” version, for those who have their computers chug at flashy menus.
Also, the old TMNT arcade game uses the classiccc turtles. CLASSIC TURTLESSS. Not those 2k3-designs. Baaaaawwwwwwwwwww.
… excuse the nitpicking.