I’m now playtesting Satellaview support on the sd2snes!

I got a sd2snes a couple weeks back, and I’ve been playing stuff on it for all it’s worth.
Of course, though, I gotta give special attention on the blog to the Satellaview stuff!

Yes, the sd2snes promises a higher Satellaview compatibility than any prior ROM loading cart before. This is thanks to the power of the sd2snes itself combined with LuigiBlood’s BS-X Project work and, well, my playtesting being used to iron out bugs.

This is, of course, on top of some of the other features the device has, such as compatibility with DSPs, CX4, MSU1, and really large ROMs such as Tales of Phantasia’s fan translation.

Feel free to read more about sd2snes on it’s own page!

The sd2snes will soon be available in stores such as StoneAgeGamer and RetroGate.

If anyone wants to ask me any questions about the sd2snes in terms of Satellaview compatibility or compatibility with other ROMs, feel free to leave comments. I’ll be glad to tinker around with a game that should logically be compatible.

1. SmaMan said,

April 9, 2012 at 7:40 am

Oh great, of course this comes out just months after I buy a PowerPak… But hey it sounds awesome.

2. Eyedunno said,

May 10, 2012 at 10:09 am

I would like to know about compatibility with the BS Sutte Hakkun games (all of them :P).

Also, how does BS-X support work? I realize you need a BIOS and so on, but can the games be run from the regular SD2SNES menu, or do you need to go into the Satellaview’s town thingy first? If the latter, how do you load a particular ROM so that it will be accessible?

May 10, 2012 at 12:19 pm

the SD2SNES works kinda similarly to SNES9XPP XE in that every ROM it detects as Satellaview-compatible will load as a non-locked 8M slotted into the BS-X, so BS-X will play first and you gotta get to the memory pack manager to load te game.

The Sutte Hakkun games should work alright, but if you really, -really- need to know more, maybe I could upload some videos to youtube to demonstrate.

4. Eyedunno said,

May 13, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I see. So basically you load the ROM image from the regular SD2SNES menu, then it autodetects Satellaview and runs the town thing with your selected game treated as the inserted memory pack? Is that basically what you’re saying?

Honestly, I didn’t think Sutte Hakkun would be a big problem, given that it doesn’t seem to depend on a realtime broadcast or timer or anything like that. Still, the PowerPak doesn’t support the games at all, so this should be pretty great. I’m honestly more excited about the prospect of BS Sutte Hakkun than Star Fox 2 (but don’t get me wrong, Star Fox 2 will be amazing if FX support ever comes to pass).

May 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Yeah, that’s how it works – at least currently. I’d probably like if Ikari modified things a bit so it’d also take “.bs” format ROMs automatically as Satellaview, among a few other tweaks.

And yeah, I’ve already ran games that are significantly more likely to be problematic than Sutte Hakkun – my Stress Testers include BS Fuurai no Shiren Dai-2-wa (doesn’t work), Sound Journal for Lovers Valentine’s Special Vol. 1 (is kinda clock-sensitive), BS Tantei Club (works), and Kodomo Chousadan Mighty Pockets Dai-3-wa (doesn’t work), among others.

6. TSR said,

May 24, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Hi Kiddo,
    Did you give Treasure Conflix a try? Is it working ok?

May 24, 2012 at 10:17 pm

That’s a good idea to test. It probably works, but I’ll give it a double-check anyway. Feel free to give me any other suggestions!

BTW, for a bit of a teaser; some new ROM dumps came around. 2 of them currently do not work on the sd2snes. We’ll see if ikari can resolve that. I’m hoping when all is done the sd2snes will have Satellaview compatibility as good as Luigiblood’s bsnes-sx + easy-to-play Soundlink game compatibility.

8. TSR said,

May 25, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Thanks for your reply, please do!
    I’m afraid the current dump for Treasure Conflix is bad..
    And hmm I wonder what those 2 new unworking dumps are.. ^^;;
    See you,

May 25, 2012 at 8:20 pm

As far as I’ve played into it (Got into the first battle of the game) Treasure Conflix plays A-OK. Not sure why you’d think it’d be bad.

10. TSR said,

May 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm

When I tested it on my copier (PFXT2), the chara sprites just wouldn’t show up or were scrambled. The shooting phases/mode7 and everything else was fine, though.

11. recommended site said,

May 2, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare
    to see a nice blog like this one today.

12. ocr software hp officejet pro 8600 said,

May 24, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or
    blog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo
    I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i’m
    happy to convey that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I
    found out exactly what I needed. I most no doubt will make certain to don?t
    omit this site and give it a look on a relentless

13. blog writer said,

July 23, 2014 at 6:50 am

blog writer

I’m now playtesting Satellaview support on the sd2snes! | Satellablog

14. social networking said,

August 22, 2014 at 11:34 am

But now, with the prevalence of social media accounts, caretakers
    must now tackle the hurdle that is their loved one’s online presence.

Does your recruiter make his or her money from your sign-up
    fees. Each of these factors is critical for a successful internet marketing campaign.